ReadEasy Phonics Reading Series
The best reading series in Malaysia based on synthetic phonics
Our Readeasy Phonics Reading series has proven to be very effective in helping children as early as 3 years read fluently in English language since 2001. The synthetic phonics approach used in this series is the best phonics method proven by scientific researches. It has help thousands of children , in Malaysia especially, read easily by way of blending the speech sounds in words. The series is graded into 3 levels -beginner , intermediate and advanced - which cover all the 44 speech sounds in English language.
The Synthetic Phonics Approach
It is the leading , research-based approach with proven results
In Scotland, when synthetics phonics was used to teach children read in English as early as 5 years, they noticed that not only children were able to read easily but also they were 3 years ahead compared to children who learnt to read based on other methods when they were 11 years old.
It is the best phonics method because in order to read children just learn the smallest speech sounds and learn to blend the sounds to make words. This method of reading is superior to learning to read based on whole-language approach or word-rimes approach. In fact, recent scientific researches have confirmed that the brain reads by breaking words into sounds. It is the most natural way to read.
Why ReadEasy is very effective
Now everyone can read easily.
it is written based on synthetics phonic using phoneme to grapheme association
children learn the sound first then the symbol ( letter shapes) not the letter names
children are taught to blend sounds in words, not to memorize them
children are taught to read meaningful 3 letter words then 4 letter words and so on
sounds taught are graded into 3 levels
meaningful phrases and texts are used to help fluency
simple stories help develop interest in reading
pictures are added to help understanding
supported by systematic and creative teaching techniques
ReadEasy Phonics Strategies
ReadEasy Phonics Reading series is written based on synthetic phonics.
The strategies used in ReadEasy to teach reading to children - native or non-native speakers - are as follows :
- Children are taught to understand that words are made up of sounds and that sounds can be represented by symbols or letters. Therefore, the foremost skill for phonics chilren to master is how to say the speech sounds.
- Then these sounds are mapped to corresponding symbols or letters. The letters are chosen based on the most common to the least common. For example, the sound /k/ can be presented by letter 'c', 'k' and 'ck' spelling. This is known as phoneme to grapheme association - the better way to teach reading in English because of its complexity.
- After learning a few sounds and letters, they are then trained to blend the sounds in words orally.
- Subsequently they will be taught how to blend the sound in words by using flash cards before they are able to read from the word card.
- In ReadEasy Phonics Reading Series children will master reading by blending 3 sound-words , then 4 sound-words , and then move on to read phrases and sentences..
- Sounds are divided into 3 level - Beginner , Intermediate and Advanced - with well chosen and systematic reading texts.
To the top